The B Line Website Redesign & Development
Prepared by Chris McMahon
The project objective is to redesign the website for meetNKY’s bourbon experience, The B-Line. The core objective for this redesign is to retain more website visitors for a longer time on site.
Also to be faster, easier to use, and mobile compatible.
The scope of the project is to:
- Redesign The B-Line’s website, findyoursippingpoint.com, retaining the current style elements—logo(s), fonts, brand colors, graphics, etc.
- Use WordPress for redesign, with a fully responsive template that the Admins at meetNKY will be able to thoroughly edit in the future
- Retain all current blog posts, event listings, etc. in redesign
- Increase loading speed time to two seconds for each page of the site
- Create a functional RSS feed of events and blogs
- Correct/maintain full functionality throughout the site (such as: currently, hamburger menus don’t function correctly on Android devices when on certain (but not all) pages)
- Add ability to embed YouTube videos on every page – including blog
- Need unique/sharable links for each event listing (to link directly to each event on the Events page—currently only able to link to general events page)
- CMS - add ability to enter dates of repeating events (right now requires cloning event and changing dates, resulting in excessive number of event listings to manage)
- Automatic re-sizing of photos for blog page thumbnails/event thumbnails/stop listing thumbnails/etc. instead of manually resizing for each use
- Ability to integrate the existing B-Line interactive map with embed code supplied by meetNKY OR create interactive Google map of The B-Line stops and link throughout the site as needed
- Improve general ease of use for both the end user and CMS admins
All original materials completed by CRM Holdings Limited including but not limited to graphics and test results will become the property of and be delivered to Client upon payment to CRM Holdings Limited of all outstanding charges. CRM Holdings Limited retains display rights in the work, i.e., for use in portfolios, exhibitions, and other self-promotion channels.
This project uses WordPress, which is licensed under GNU General Public License. Please be aware of the implications regarding copyright this may entail.
All out-of-pocket charges will be billed at cost; no mark up will be applied to out of pocket charges. Cost to license stock photography is not included in this budget and will be billed separately.
Alterations or modifications requested that are not detailed in the above proposal will be billed in addition to the above total estimated project budget. The client will approve any additions to the estimated total budget prior to the initiation of the requested modifications.
Client will be billed at the completion of each stage or as described in a payment schedule in this agreement.
Payment terms are 30 Days Net except for initial deposit and/or hardware items. A 2% finance charge or $25, whichever is greater, will be applied to invoices past due every 30 days. Once work has begun no refunds will be offered for completed work.
CRM Holdings Limited will provide a 90 day Break/Fix Guarantee (extended to lifetime for clients who are using one of the Maintenance & Hosting packages listed above) for the custom software provided. If during the first 90 days of implementation any software issues should arise that are the responsibilities of CRM Holdings Limited and reported within the guarantee time frame, CRM Holdings Limited will repair the problem free of charge. Issues beyond 90 days will be charged at CRM Holdings Limited’s normal hourly rate. This excludes issues with 3rd party plugins (but that rarely happens and are usually easy to fix).